The Few
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saber guide

+5
beeclown
RumClown
ET-Noobie
Mr.cheese
Reepicheep
9 posters

Go down

Saber guide Empty Saber guide

Post  Reepicheep Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Can anyone copy and paste my saber guide to the public forums so non-members can see it? I'd do it myself except I seem to have lost access, and I don't feel like writing it again, it was kinda long >.>.
Reepicheep
Reepicheep

Back to top Go down

Saber guide Empty Re: Saber guide

Post  Mr.cheese Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:23 pm

And why do you think you lost access.... Rolling Eyes
Mr.cheese
Mr.cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.cheese Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Well I've had alot of people ask me to teach them how to better jedi/sith, so to simplify things and to keep all my secrets out of the wrong hands I will post everything I know here.

Against single saberists: This will be the subject I can give the least advice about due to the fact its mostly timing and random rc1 bp drainage. Bp drain: The best way to drain your opponents bp is to hit them right as they start a swing, which is fairly hard most of the time. The next best way is to to back up as they swing (so they miss) and immediatly counter attack before their saber resets to the standard gaurd position, doing this succesfully enough times will get you ap. Mblock: It helps to know who your fighting, if your against less experianced saberists you can try and mblock on the first attack, but against most others the best thing is to wait until the middle of the fight when they're far less likely to remember to swingblock. I also woulldn't recomend mblocking more than 3 or 4 times in a single duel, because your more than likely just going to waste more bp with unsuccesful mblocks. Also, if you hit them with a half swing right after you mblock them, theres a fairly good chance they will block it due to a bug. I think there are a total of 7 directions you can mblock, I only use 2, left and right. Also, if your having trouble figuring out which way they're going to attack from they will always attack from the way they are facing towards you, so if they're looking to your right, they will attack from your right, and you should mblock to the right.

Against Multiple saberist: There are 3 options you can choose. Option 1: Normally fight them, Simply bp fight one while keeping the other from backstabbing you. Option 2: Mblock spam, use mblock 7-8 times until there is only one left, then bp fight him, or continue with the mblocks. Option 3: No bp fighting. The saying the best defence is a good offense applies strongly here, simply attack in 5-6 hit combos then retreat out of range and do it again, the big downside is if you get hit, your dead, but if you keep up your attacks they won't e able to get inside your gaurd until you pause. Any of the above stratagies are more likely to fail than work because your at a severe disadvantage fighting outnumbered, but its something, which is better than nothing.

Against Single gunners: Gunners (for the most part) are VERY skittish around jedi at close range, they hate having a glowstick right up next to them. So the easiest way against a single gunner is to strafe left and right until you get close, jump almost on top of him and pull/push at the last second, because 80% of gunners will either run, or jump right as you get next to them. Another, is to strafe around them and manuever them into a corner, where you can jump slightly and slash while in the air and they have no where to strafe out of your sabers reach. Also, I recomend using pull 3, because gunners eventually wisen up, and won't fall for the same trick multiple rounds in a row. If you are using pull, you can use pull (even if it doesn't knock them down) to hold a gunner in place whilst you saber them. (and if your jumping almost on top of them gunners will lose track of you for a brief second and not be able to fire fast enough to wherever you land to stop you from killing them). Against nades and darts, the best thing is to jump and pull them right up to you, more often than not, they will nade you both, use quick getup (hit crouch without hitting any of the directional keys) and quickly saber them, against darts, simply pull and saber them if your close enough, if your not, just strafe side to side and hope they can't aim.

Against Multiple gunners: Step one, use the lead gunner as a shield. Step 2, use any of the techniques for fighting single gunners to take out the lead gunner (to help, run backwards until your in a fairly close in space so they will get overconfident and close in making it easier to saber them). Step 3: repeat until either you or all the gunners are dead.

Against gunners and another saberist: Use the saberist as a shield, then either mblock the saberist then attack the gunners before they realize whats going on, or slap down the saberist and quickly attack the closest gunner, then go back to hiding being the saberist. If you are fighting snipers that are good (especially tF snipers) DO NOT SLAP, it is the easiest way to kill someone out of a duel with a sniper rifle is to wait until they slap.

My jedi/sith build: Jump 2(which may help with jump slashing since short hops keep you lower to the ground) push 2(for those pesky nade throwing gunners), pull 3(for those pesky gunners), seeing 2 (for ambushing pesky gunners and oblivious sith) mt/grip 1 (simply because I had no where else to spend the remaining 4 points) Attack 2, Defence 3 (If you have 2, you can get ruptored through a block and full fp) Fb 2 ( It doesn't do much but keeps them from force whoring you when you have full fp) Deflect 2 (which helps keep up fp while running at gunners who are shooting you)

And that should be almost everything I know, hope that helps all of you who were asking for training Wink

I am too nice....
Mr.cheese
Mr.cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  ET-Noobie Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:30 pm

Yer, didn't get time to copy and paste it over last night, enjoy it whoever wanted it. =P
ET-Noobie
ET-Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post  Reepicheep Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Ty Cheese. still <3
Reepicheep
Reepicheep

Back to top Go down

Post  RumClown Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:17 am

>_> wat?

RumClown

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.cheese Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Quiet rum....
Mr.cheese
Mr.cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  RumClown Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:08 pm

i have admin cheese i ban yuo

cheese = the clans debbie downer Saber guide Debbie_downer

RumClown

Back to top Go down

Post  beeclown Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:12 pm

i hate glowsticks D=
beeclown
beeclown

Back to top Go down

Post  RumClown Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:12 am

I <3 saber it make me feel warm inside

RumClown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:52 pm

My jedi/sith build: Jump 2(which may help with jump slashing since short hops keep you lower to the ground) push 2(for those pesky nade throwing gunners), pull 3(for those pesky gunners), seeing 2 (for ambushing pesky gunners and oblivious sith) mt/grip 1 (simply because I had no where else to spend the remaining 4 points) Attack 2, Defence 3 (If you have 2, you can get ruptored through a block and full fp) Fb 2 ( It doesn't do much but keeps them from force whoring you when you have full fp) Deflect 2 (which helps keep up fp while running at gunners who are shooting you)
I'm pretty sure Deflect doesn't help with Force Drain; it's supposed to increase the accuracy of deflected shots. tongue
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.cheese Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:13 am

Lies, you know nothing, sir.
Mr.cheese
Mr.cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:02 pm

I was basing my info on the mouseover text. I always thought Defense controlled force drain, while Deflect determined accuracy.

Here's a picture. Draw your own conclusions.
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  . . Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm

gunners are less likely to shoot a deflecter?

. .

Back to top Go down

Post  Sno-dog Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:20 am

Deflect (i believe) does slow down how fast you lose FP, but only if it is lvl 3. I always have lvl 3, for accuracy, and the reason above. When i have lvl 2.. i feel a bit like i left an opening for a sniper shot... lol
Sno-dog
Sno-dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.cheese Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:22 pm

We win, Gf sir. afro
Mr.cheese
Mr.cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  Anakin Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:19 pm

GG,sir. Basketball

Anakin

Back to top Go down

Post  ET-Noobie Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:39 am

It's just for deflection accuracy, defense is what affects FP drain.
ET-Noobie
ET-Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:42 am

Do you guys have any sources, or are you just guessing based on experience? A quote from the manual or MB forums? Anything?

I'm always interested in learning more about MB, but I'd like some proof before I change my thinking.
Elessar
Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  ET-Noobie Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:45 am

It's been that way for many builds. O_o
I'm sure it says it in the guide when you download the .zip file, I'd read it now, but then I wont stop, and wouldn't start this science paper I gotta do on Wallabies milk.
It's FTW, shut the heck up. Rolling Eyes
ET-Noobie
ET-Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down